Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Winter Car Kit

I am currently on Christmas break... which is glorious!  I am drinking peppermint hot chocolate, watching Criminal Minds while Nate naps.  Dinner is in the crockpot, laundry is in the dryer... everything on today's To-Do List has been crossed off.  With all my ducks in a row I still take the time to think about the what is situations.  Yesterday I put the finishing touches on my winter car kit, an emergency kit I keep in my car just in case.

My basic winter car kit includes:

  • Boots and Warm Socks
  • Mittens/ Gloves for me and Nate
  • Scarf
  • Hat for me/Hat for Nate
  • Blanket
  • Folding Shovel
  • Ice scraper/Snow Brush


This year I added a few extra items that hopefully I will never need:


In addition, I always have a flashlight, mylar blanket, razor/box cutter, water proof matches, empty reusable water bottle, baby wipes, hard candy, hand sanitizer, tissues, umbrella, notebook, pen, crayons, and books. 

Hopefully, This prepares me enough for whatever situation I might find my self in.  


No comments: